Monster Drum is a music producer’s friend for making music with many music genres.
Whether you are a rock or metal musician, R’nB or Hip Hop producer, singer/songwriter who composes jazz or acoustic music, or any other musicians, you’ll find that Monster Drum is becoming your Go-To virtual instrument for your drum track.
The great things about this VST are it’s never complete. This VST gets new kit expansion continuously every month!
The Indonesian music producer donated all the kits for free in Monster Drum to show that they care about other producers to create great music without spending money.
All the kits in Monster Drum VST are already mixed by the kit donator so users of this Monster Drum can use them right away without needing to mix. But there is a Multi-Out feature that enables users to mix the individual sound of every kit.
Welcome to my free virtual instrument plugin page. I’m Agus Hardiman and the maker of this MonsterDAW plugin!
The great thing about this plugin is that this is never complete. It gets a new expansion (preset) sound continuously every now and then so stay tuned for more!
It is under the MonsterDAW name that was previously on the www.monsterdaw.com website (all of the VSTs there will be moved later to this AHTV blog).
Notes: MonsterDAW is a brand owned by me, Agus Hardiman, the host of this AHTV Blog
Monster Drum Sound Demo
Here’s a demo of one of MONSTER DRUM presets, a Cajon kit:
Bruce Gelais made a cool preset walkthrough of Monster Drum, enjoy his drumming fun :
Amner Hunter from YT Amner Hunter has made a thorough drumkit preview of Monster Drum, have a look here:
Brian Ramsey made a video on how to set up multi-out of Monster Drum in FL Studio 20 :
Josh Spurling in his YouTube channel made a piece of cool and unique music using Vian Dangdut Kit of Monster Drum :
Monster Drum Features (v3-2022.07)
- Dozens of cool-sounding Drumkit presets. The current version is v3-2022.07 with 20 Drumkit (This will be updated regularly, please sign-up for my newsletter in this AHTV blog HOMEPAGE to be notified of updates).
- Full mixer view for easy access of each sound on/off, volume, pan, and tune.
- Global Tune, Pan, Reverb and Filter (EQ).
- Parameter Automation to dynamically change sounds that fit your music (Read below on ‘How To Automate Monster Drum Parameters‘).
- Soundbank/Presets can be placed on an external hard disk, no need to place it in a startup drive (Read step #4 below on ‘Monster Drum Download Links and Installation Steps‘).
- Parameter/Knob value reset by double-clicking it.
- A new expansion sounds preset will be released/updated regularly every now and then. Make sure you sign-up for my newsletter in this AHTV blog HOMEPAGE to be notified of updates.
- Major plugin format: Windows 64bit DAW, Mac VST, and Mac Audio Unit (AU). If you’re a Pro Tools user, please use BlueCat Patchwork to use this VST in your PT.
Monster Drum Download Links and Installation Steps
Monster Drum doesn’t have an installer so you have to place the files manually. Follow these steps carefully:
1. Download The Monster Drum MAIN Player
Click and download one of the FREE main player of Monster Drum according to your OS (Mac or Windows) and the plugin formats (VST or Audio Unit):
These are the alternative download links if the above failed (Google Drive):
2. Unzip and Put It In Your DAW’s Plugin Folder
Unzip the download files and put the main file (.vst3 or .component or .dll) in your DAW’s plugin folder (Googling “daw plugin location mac windows”).
3. Download The Monster Drum’s Library
Download this Library file:
This is the alternative download links if the above failed (Google Drive):
Unzip it and put it into any folder/external hard disk (But don’t change the folder structure in the original zip file).
4. Insert Monster Drum and Choose Library Location
Fire up your DAW and insert the MONSTER Drum plugin (usually under AgusHardiman.TV folder/brand).
Click “Choose folder” to change the soundbank/preset location and point it out to the folder location of Monster Drum Library:
5. Play and Record!
If step #4 succeded, you are now can choose a preset and go play and record:
How To Automate Monster Drum Parameters?
In Cubase, after inserting the Monster Drum plugin, you have to open the automation lane (I’m using Monster Synth as the example):
In Studio One, go to the Piano Roll and add the parameters to automate (I’m using Monster Synth as the example):
In other DAWs, find a way/googling on how to add automation lanes/tracks.
FAQ About Monster Drum
Q : I have installed Monster Drum version 2. Should I delete that version or keep it ?
A : If you have some important project sessions with version 2, you should keep version 2. It will not clash with version 3. On my computer, I have version 2 and version 3, side-by-side. Beyond that, the sound is nearly the same with the new tune/pitch feature (this feature is not available in version 2).
Q : I want XXX and YYY features of Monster Drum, can you program it?
A : To be honest, I’m a professional musician and audio educator BUT I’m not a professional plugin programmer. I do this just for fun, so your request may not be available (but you can always try to ask me via the CONTACT page).
Q : Why there is no VST 32-bit versions anymore?
A : In the past, I made a 32-bit version of my VST. But now my programming software CAN’T output 32-bit plugin anymore, so I’m not providing 32-bit.
Q : I have a problem using this plugin on my Mac, I’m using Monterey/Big Sur/Catalina. It says that the files are damaged or can’t be opened because the developer is not trusted.
A : That problem was caused by Mac OS security which now is very strict. I have applied for a developer account in Apple to be a trusted developer but they haven’t responded to my inquiry yet.
In the meantime, please watch these videos (If this is not working, it’s ok, you can pass my VSTs ?):
- How To Fix “App is Damaged Can’t Be Opened” Error Message | Mac OS Catalina : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fqzb4qpgcs
- MonsterDAW Audio Unit Plugin installation (MacOS Monterey + Logic Pro X 10.7.1) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgXBB_hP0z4
Or read these articles:
- Resolving the Mac-only error: “The file is damaged and should be moved to the trash.”
- How to Install Software from Unsigned Developers on a Mac
- And googling about it (some famous plugin developer experience this too).
Monster Drum Preset Contributors
The majority of presets in Monster Synth were programmed by me, Agus Hardiman, but the Drumkit was donated by my Indonesian friend. I’m open to collaboration. If you have some cool Drumkit sound that you programmed, hit me up HERE!
Monster Drum Version History
Version v3-2022.07 (released on July 6th, 2022):
- New feature: Parameter Automation within your DAW.
- New feature: Preset Management to group the sound into categories.
- 20 Presets in 10 drumkit categories.
Spread This Plugin To Your Friends
If you find this plugin useful, please spread this to your friends ??
If you make music using this and share it on your social media, please include the hashtag #MonsterDrum or #MonsterDrumVST so I can find it ?
If you want to get notified when this plugin is updated, sign up for AHTV Newsletter on the front page of AHTV.