For so long, I want to make a synth plugin, so here it is!
Welcome to my free virtual instrument plugin page. I’m Agus Hardiman and maker of this MonsterDAW plugins!
MONSTER SYNTH is a free synth plugin with many distinctive sounds that you may not find in other synth plugins.
To be useful for a lot of people, besides that unique presets, I programmed some ‘common’ presets too 😬
It’s a ROMPLER (=sample playback) synth plugin with a few basic set of synthesizer parameter.
It is under the MonsterDAW name that was previously on the www.monsterdaw.com website (all of the VSTs there will be moved later to this AHTV blog).
Notes: MonsterDAW is a brand owned by me, Agus Hardiman, the host of this AHTV Blog
Monster Synth Sound Demo
Joey Dicasio playing some presets of Monster Synth (It’s in Spanish, but you can watch his excitement when trying the plugin 😃):
Gigglecious TV has made a cool walkthrough of 100 presets of Monster Synth:
John Mario from YouTube Bedroom Guitarist made a great song demo with Monster Synth (and other MonsterDAW plugins):
C.j. Reed from YouTube SumnSumnSumn HTK has made a review and presets walkthrough:
Zion the Messenger made dope music/beats using Monster Synth, check it out:
Monster Synth Features
- Dozens of cool-sounding synth presets. The current version is 2022.04 with 100 presets (This will be updated regularly, please sign-up for my newsletter HERE to be notified of updates). Click (1) for access to the presets or click left/right arrow (2) to select previous/next preset.
- Full 88-notes synth sound from A0 to C7 or Note Number: 21 to 108 (3).
- Parameter Automation to dynamically change sounds that fit your music (Read below on ‘How To Automate Monster Synth Parameters‘).
- Soundbank/Presets can be placed on an external hard disk, no need to place it in a startup drive (Read step #4 below on ‘Monster Synth Download Links and Installation Steps‘).
- Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release settings of each sound to tailor to your needs (4).
- Parameter/Knob value reset by double-clicking it.
- Glide or Portamento Mode (5) when using Mono or Legato Voice Mode (6). Notes: Glide/Portamento doesn’t work in Poly Voice Mode!
- Velocity Curve (7) to tailor the way you play (harder or softer sensitivity depends on your taste).
- Rate, Depth, and LFO settings with sound sources and destinations and waveform shape (8).
- A filter with High Pass or Low Pass types and Frequency value (9).
- Master Reverb and Master Volume (10).
- Big LCD of Preset Name and Preset Category (11).
- A new expansion sounds preset will be released/updated regularly every now and then. Make sure you sign-up for my newsletter in this AHTV blog HOMEPAGE to be notified of updates.
- Major plugin format: Windows 64bit DAW, Mac VST, and Mac Audio Unit (AU). If you’re a Pro Tools user, please use BlueCat Patchwork to use this VST in your PT.
Monster Synth Download Links and Installation Steps
Monster Synth doesn’t have an installer so you have to place the files manually. Follow these steps carefully:
1. Download The Monster Synth MAIN Player
Click and download one of the FREE main player of Monster Synth according to your OS (Mac or Windows) and the plugin formats (VST or Audio Unit):
2. Unzip and Put It In Your DAW’s Plugin Folder
Unzip the download files and put the main file (.vst3 or .component or .dll) in your DAW’s plugin folder (Googling “daw plugin location mac windows”).
3. Download The Monster Synth’s Library
Download this Library file:
Unzip it and put it into any folder/external hard disk (But don’t change the folder structure in the original zip file).
4. Insert Monster Synth and Choose Library Location
Fire up your DAW and insert the MONSTER Synth plugin (usually under AgusHardiman.TV folder/brand).
Click “Choose folder” to change the soundbank/preset location and point it out to the folder location of Monster Synth Library:
5. Play and Record!
If step #4 succeded, you are now can choose a preset and go play and record:
How To Automate Monster Synth Parameters?
In Cubase, after inserting the Monster Synth plugin, you have to open the automation lane:
In Studio One, go to the Piano Roll and add the parameters to automate:
In other DAWs, find a way/googling on how to add automation lanes/tracks.
FAQ About Monster Synth
Q : I want XXX and YYY features of Monster Synth, can you program it?
A : To be honest, I’m professional musician and audio educator BUT I’m not a professional plugin programmer. I do this just for fun, so your request may not be available (but you can always try to ask me via CONTACT page).
Q : Why there are no VST 32 bit version anymore?
A : In the past, I made 32-bit version of my VST but to prepare that 32-bit format, I have to spend 200 to 300 hours of my free time. Since I’m now busy with my music job and teaching, I decide to stop supporting 32-bit, a 25 years old technology. That 300 hours will go to the time to develop new free vst which of course is 64-bit.
Q : I have a problem using this plugin on my Mac, I’m using Monterey/Big Sur/Catalina. It says that the files are damaged or can’t be open because the developer is not trusted.
A : That problem was caused by Mac OS security which now is very strict. I have applied for a developer account in Apple to be a trusted developer but they haven’t responded to my inquiry yet.
In the meantime, please watch these videos (If this is not working, it’s ok, you can pass my VSTs 😬):
- How To Fix “App is Damaged Can’t Be Opened” Error Message | Mac OS Catalina : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fqzb4qpgcs
- MonsterDAW Audio Unit Plugin installation (MacOS Monterey + Logic Pro X 10.7.1) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgXBB_hP0z4
Or read these articles:
- Resolving the Mac-only error: “The file is damaged and should be moved to the trash.”
- How to Install Software from Unsigned Developers on a Mac
- And googling about it (some famous plugin developer experience this too).
Q : Why Monster Synth doesn’t have Synth Bass or Choir or Keyboard Presets?
A : Because MonsterDAW already has Monster Bass, Monster Keyz, and Monster Voxana. You can download them for free here:
- Monster Bass: https://monsterdaw.com/monster-bass-a-complete-bass-rompler-for-your-low-frequency-needs/
- Monster Keyz: https://monsterdaw.com/monster-keyz-mix-n-match-your-dream-keyboard-sound/
- Monster Voxana: https://monsterdaw.com/monster-voxana-a-free-vocal-vst-instrument-with-beatbox-choirs-and-vocal-chops-presets/
Monster Synth Preset Contributors
The majority of presets in Monster Synth were programmed by me, Agus Hardiman, but I’m open to collaboration. If you have some cool synth sound that you programmed, hit me up HERE!
Here’s the list of people/producers/musicians who contribute some presets:
- X-Gassanov Fuad (IG: xdj_gassanov): [LEAD] 17 Saw Monster & [LEAD] 18 Trance Hell Demon.
Monster Synth Version History
Version 2022.04 (released on April 30th, 2022):
- New feature: Parameter Automation within your DAW.
- New feature: Preset Management to group the sound into categories.
- 100 Presets in 9 sound categories.
Spread This Plugin To Your Friends
If you find this plugin useful, please spread this to your friends 🙏🏻
If you make music using this and share it on your social media, please include the hashtag #MonsterSynth or #MonsterSynthVST so I can find it 😃
If you want to get notified when this plugin is updated, sign up for AHTV Newsletter on the front page of AHTV.