MONSTER VOXANA is a Free Vocal VST Instruments with various Modes!
It covers all kinds of vocal presets, from Beatbox, Choirs, Vocal Chops, Shout, and everything in between.
It’s suitable for any kind of music genre, not just EDM. From R’n’B, Pop, Rock, and Jazz, to Classical music.
The great thing about this plugin is that this is never complete. It gets a new expansion (preset) sound continuously every now and then so stay tuned for more!
It is under the MonsterDAW name that was previously on the www.monsterdaw.com website (all of the VSTs there will be moved later to this AHTV blog).
Notes: MonsterDAW is a brand owned by me, Agus Hardiman, the host of this AHTV Blog
Monster Voxana Sound Demo
If you make a cool video review/preset walkthrough, let me know via the CONTACT page of this AHTV Blog. I’ll consider to put it in here!
Monster Voxana Features
- Dozens of cool-sounding synth presets. The current version is 2022.05 with 31 presets (This will be updated regularly, please sign-up for my newsletter in this AHTV blog HOMEPAGE to be notified of updates). Click (1) for access to the presets or click the left/right arrow (2) to select the previous/next preset.
- Simple GUI, just 3 knobs to change the Attack (3), the Release (4), and the Reverb (5) of the presets. Of course, you can use your DAW track volume, panning, insert and send FX to sculpt the Vocal sound to your taste!
- Special Mode: CHOPS, in which the user can play the vocal chops presets in any keys (Read below on ‘How The CHOPS Mode Works in Monster Voxana‘).
- Parameter Automation to dynamically change sounds that fit your music (Read below on ‘How To Automate Monster Voxana Parameters‘).
- Soundbank/Presets can be placed on an external hard disk, no need to place it in a startup drive (Read step #4 below on ‘Monster Voxana Download Links and Installation Steps‘).
- Parameter/Knob value reset by double-clicking it.
- A new expansion sounds preset will be released/updated regularly every now and then. Make sure you sign-up for my newsletter in this AHTV blog HOMEPAGE to be notified of updates.
- Major plugin format: Windows 64bit DAW, Mac VST, and Mac Audio Unit (AU). If you’re a Pro Tools user, please use BlueCat Patchwork to use this VST in your PT.
How The CHOPS Mode Works in Monster Voxana
CHOPS Mode is a very special mode of Monster Voxana that you will never find in any other plugins, so it deserves to be explained. So, please watch this video to know how it works:
Monster Voxana Download Links and Installation Steps
Monster Voxana doesn’t have an installer so you have to place the files manually. Follow these steps carefully:
1. Download The Monster Voxana MAIN Player
Click and download one of the FREE main player of Monster Synth according to your OS (Mac or Windows) and the plugin formats (VST or Audio Unit):
2. Unzip and Put It In Your DAW’s Plugin Folder
Unzip the download files and put the main file (.vst3 or .component or .dll) in your DAW’s plugin folder (Googling “daw plugin location mac windows”).
3. Download The Monster Voxana’s Library
Download this Library file:
Unzip it and put it into any folder/external hard disk (But don’t change the folder structure in the original zip file).
4. Insert Monster Voxana and Choose Library Location
Fire up your DAW and insert the MONSTER Voxana plugin (usually under AgusHardiman.TV folder/brand).
Click “Choose folder” to change the soundbank/preset location and point it out to the folder location of Monster Voxana Library:
5. Play and Record!
If step #4 succeded, you are now can choose a preset and go play and record:
How To Automate Monster Voxana Parameters?
In Cubase, after inserting the Monster Voxana plugin, you have to open the automation lane (I’m using Monster Synth as the example):
In Studio One, go to the Piano Roll and add the parameters to automate (I’m using Monster Synth as the example):
In other DAWs, find a way/googling on how to add automation lanes/tracks.
FAQ About Monster Voxana
Q : I want XXX and YYY features of Monster Voxana, can you program it?
A : To be honest, I’m a professional musician and audio educator BUT I’m not a professional plugin programmer. I do this just for fun, so your request may not be available (but you can always try to ask me via the CONTACT page).
Q : Why there is no VST 32-bit versions anymore?
A : In the past, I made 32-bit version of my VST but to prepare that 32-bit format, I have to spend 200 to 300 hours of my free time. Since I’m now busy with my music job and teaching, I decide to stop supporting 32-bit, a 25 years old technology. That 300 hours will go to the time to develop a new free vst which of course is 64-bit.
Q : I have a problem using this plugin on my Mac, I’m using Monterey/Big Sur/Catalina. It says that the files are damaged or can’t be opened because the developer is not trusted.
A : That problem was caused by Mac OS security which now is very strict. I have applied for a developer account in Apple to be a trusted developer but they haven’t responded to my inquiry yet.
In the meantime, please watch these videos (If this is not working, it’s ok, you can pass my VSTs 😬):
- How To Fix “App is Damaged Can’t Be Opened” Error Message | Mac OS Catalina : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fqzb4qpgcs
- MonsterDAW Audio Unit Plugin installation (MacOS Monterey + Logic Pro X 10.7.1) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgXBB_hP0z4
Or read these articles:
- Resolving the Mac-only error: “The file is damaged and should be moved to the trash.”
- How to Install Software from Unsigned Developers on a Mac
- And googling about it (some famous plugin developer experience this too).
Monster Voxana Preset Contributors
The majority of presets in Monster Synth were programmed by me, Agus Hardiman, but I’m open to collaboration. If you have some cool voice sound that you programmed, hit me up HERE!
Monster Voxana Version History
Version 2022.05 (released on May 6th, 2022):
- New feature: Parameter Automation within your DAW.
- New feature: Preset Management to group the sound into categories.
- 31 Presets in 5 sound categories.
Spread This Plugin To Your Friends
If you find this plugin useful, please spread this to your friends 🙏🏻
If you make music using this and share it on your social media, please include the hashtag #MonsterVoxana or #MonsterVoxanaVST so I can find it 😃
If you want to get notified when this plugin is updated, sign up for AHTV Newsletter on the front page of AHTV.