#MonsterPianoVST is a Free Piano VST with various Presets, including Grand Piano, Baby Grand, and Upright Piano.
It covers multi-tone characters, suitable for Pop to Rock, Jazz, Classical, and everything in between.
The size of the sampling is small but still fun to play with and useful in music-making (I hope so).
The great thing about this VST is that this is never complete. This VST gets a new expansion (preset) sound continuously every now and then so stay tuned for more!
The great thing about this plugin is that this is never complete. It gets a new expansion (preset) sound continuously every now and then so stay tuned for more!
It is under the MonsterDAW name that was previously on the www.monsterdaw.com website (all of the VSTs there will be moved later to this AHTV blog).
Notes: MonsterDAW is a brand owned by me, Agus Hardiman, the host of this AHTV Blog
Monster Piano Sound Demo
I’m making a video of my live playing to tease you some presets (but not all). Forgive my sloppy playing 😂🤣 :
If you feel like making a review/sound demo of this, please let me know via the CONTACT page of this AHTV Blog or just mention in social media. I’ll consider putting your video here!
Monster Piano Features (v2-2022.07)
- Dozens of cool-sounding Piano presets. The current version is v2-2022.07 with 14 presets, 10 Grand Piano presets, and 4 Upright Piano presets (This will be updated regularly, please sign-up for my newsletter in this AHTV blog HOMEPAGE to be notified of updates).
- Small size compared to another VST Piano out there but still useful for making music.
- Global Volume, Pan, Filter, and Reverb.
- ADSR (Attack, Decay, Sustain Release) curve to taylor the sound as you pleased.
- Parameter Automation to dynamically change sounds that fit your music (Read below on ‘How To Automate Monster Piano Parameters‘).
- Soundbank/Presets can be placed on an external hard disk, no need to place it in a startup drive (Read step #4 below on ‘Monster Piano Download Links and Installation Steps‘).
- Parameter/Knob value reset by double-clicking it.
- A new expansion sounds preset will be released/updated regularly every now and then. Make sure you sign-up for my newsletter in this AHTV blog HOMEPAGE to be notified of updates.
- Major plugin format: Windows 64bit DAW, Mac VST, and Mac Audio Unit (AU). If you’re a Pro Tools user, please use BlueCat Patchwork to use this VST in your PT.
Monster Piano Download Links and Installation Steps
Monster Piano doesn’t have an installer so you have to place the files manually. Follow these steps carefully:
1. Download The Monster Piano MAIN Player
Click and download one of the FREE main player of Monster Drum according to your OS (Mac or Windows) and the plugin formats (VST or Audio Unit):
2. Unzip and Put It In Your DAW’s Plugin Folder
Unzip the download files and put the main file (.vst3 or .component or .dll) in your DAW’s plugin folder (Googling “daw plugin location mac windows”).
3. Download The Monster Piano’s Library
Download this Library file:
Unzip it and put it into any folder/external hard disk (But don’t change the folder structure in the original zip file).
4. Insert Monster Piano and Choose Library Location
Fire up your DAW and insert the MONSTER Piano plugin (usually under AgusHardiman.TV folder/brand).
Click “Choose folder” to change the soundbank/preset location and point it out to the folder location of Monster Piano Library:
5. Play and Record!
If step #4 succeded, you are now can choose a preset and go play and record:
How To Automate Monster Piano Parameters?
In Cubase, after inserting the Monster Piano plugin, you have to open the automation lane (I’m using Monster Synth as the example):
In Studio One, go to the Piano Roll and add the parameters to automate (I’m using Monster Synth as the example):
In other DAWs, find a way/googling on how to add automation lanes/tracks.
FAQ About Monster Piano
Q : I have installed Monster Piano version 1. Should I delete that version or keep it ?
A : If you have some important project sessions with version 1, you should keep version 1. It will not clash with the new version 2. Btw, version 2 bring more sound and some old presets get updated with new sampling.
Q : I want XXX and YYY features of Monster Piano, can you program it?
A : To be honest, I’m a professional musician and audio educator BUT I’m not a professional plugin programmer. I do this just for fun, so your request may not be available (but you can always try to ask me via the CONTACT page).
Q : Why there is no VST 32-bit versions anymore?
A : In the past, I made a 32-bit version of my VST. But now my programming software CAN’T output 32-bit plugin anymore, so I’m not providing 32-bit.
Q : I have a problem using this plugin on my Mac, I’m using Monterey/Big Sur/Catalina. It says that the files are damaged or can’t be opened because the developer is not trusted.
A : That problem was caused by Mac OS security which now is very strict. I have applied for a developer account in Apple to be a trusted developer but they haven’t responded to my inquiry yet.
In the meantime, please watch these videos (If this is not working, it’s ok, you can pass my VSTs 😬):
- How To Fix “App is Damaged Can’t Be Opened” Error Message | Mac OS Catalina : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fqzb4qpgcs
- MonsterDAW Audio Unit Plugin installation (MacOS Monterey + Logic Pro X 10.7.1) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgXBB_hP0z4
Or read these articles:
- Resolving the Mac-only error: “The file is damaged and should be moved to the trash.”
- How to Install Software from Unsigned Developers on a Mac
- And googling about it (some famous plugin developer experience this too).
Monster Piano Version History
Version v2-2022.07 (released on July 13th, 2022):
- New feature: Parameter Automation within your DAW.
- New feature: Preset Management to group the sound into categories.
- 14 Presets in 2 Piano categories (Grand and Upright).
Spread This Plugin To Your Friends
If you find this plugin useful, please spread this to your friends 🙏🏻
If you make music using this and share it on your social media, please include the hashtag #MonsterPiano or #MonsterPianoVST so I can find it 😃
If you want to get notified when this plugin is updated, sign up for AHTV Newsletter on the front page of AHTV.