MONSTER BASS is a complete Bass solution for the Low Frequency that your music needs!
It’s a FREE BASS VST with 3 sound categories (Electric Bass, Synth Bass, and Acoustic Bass) suitable for any music genre and for all Music Arrangers and Music Producers!
It’s a ROMpler VST, meaning it’s a simple sampler without too many parameters, just a simple and basic one like Filter, ADSR, Glide knob, and a simple LFO!
The great thing about this VST is that this is never complete. This VST gets a new expansion sound continuously every now and then!
Monster Bass is under the MonsterDAW name that was previously on the www.monsterdaw.com website (all of the VSTs there will be moved later to this AHTV blog).
Notes: MonsterDAW is a brand owned by me, Agus Hardiman, the host of this AHTV Blog
Monster Bass Sound Demo
Amner Hunter on his youtube channel made all presets walkthrough :
If you feel like making a review/sound demo of this, please let me know via the CONTACT page of this AHTV Blog or just mention it on social media. I’ll consider putting your video here!
Monster Bass Features (v2-2022.08)
- Dozens of cool-sounding presets. The current version is v2-2022.08 with 42 Presets (This will be updated regularly, please sign-up for my newsletter in this AHTV blog HOMEPAGE to be notified of updates).
- Presets Info for tips on how to use each preset creatively (click the text ‘preset info’ in the GUI).
- Global Volume/ Gain, ADSR (Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release), and Reverb.
- Voice Mode (Polyphonic, Monophonic, or Legato) and LFO and Filter to tailor the sound.
- Parameter Automation to dynamically change sounds that fit your music (Read below on ‘How To Automate Monster Bass Parameters‘).
- Soundbank/Presets can be placed on an external hard disk, no need to place it in a startup drive (Read step #4 below on ‘Monster Bass Download Links and Installation Steps‘).
- Parameter/Knob value reset by double-clicking it.
- A new expansion sounds preset will be released/updated regularly every now and then. Make sure you sign-up for my newsletter in this AHTV blog HOMEPAGE to be notified of updates.
- Major plugin format: Windows 64bit DAW, Mac VST, and Mac Audio Unit (AU). If you’re a Pro Tools user, please use BlueCat Patchwork to use this VST in your PT.
Monster Bass Download Links and Installation Steps
Monster Bass doesn’t have an installer so you have to place the files manually. Follow these steps carefully:
1. Download The Monster Bass MAIN Player
Click and download one of the FREE main player of Monster Bass according to your OS (Mac or Windows) and the plugin formats (VST or Audio Unit):
These are the alternative download links if the above failed (Google Drive):
2. Unzip and Put It In Your DAW’s Plugin Folder
Unzip the download files and put the main file (.vst3 or .component or .dll) in your DAW’s plugin folder (Googling “daw plugin location mac windows”).
3. Download The Monster Bass Library
Download this Library file:
This is the alternative download links if the above failed (Google Drive):
Unzip it and put it into any folder/external hard disk (But don’t change the folder structure in the original zip file).
4. Insert Monster Bass and Choose Library Location
Fire up your DAW and insert the MONSTER Bass plugin (usually under AgusHardiman.TV folder/brand).
Click “Choose folder” to change the soundbank/preset location and point it out to the folder location of Monster Bass Library:
5. Play and Record!
If step #4 succeded, you are now can choose a preset and go play and record:
How To Automate Monster Bass Parameters?
In Cubase, after inserting the Monster Bass plugin, you have to open the automation lane (I’m using Monster Synth as the example):
In Studio One, go to the Piano Roll and add the parameters to automate (I’m using Monster Synth as the example):
In other DAWs, find a way/googling on how to add automation lanes/tracks.
FAQ About Monster Bass
Q : I have installed Monster Bass version 1. Should I delete that version or keep it ?
A : If you have some important project sessions with version 1, you should keep it. It will not clash with the new version 2. On my computer, I have version 1 and version 2, side-by-side. This version 2 has more presets.
Q : I want XXX and YYY features of Monster Bass, can you program it?
A : To be honest, I’m a professional musician and audio educator BUT I’m not a professional plugin programmer. I do this just for fun, so your request may not be available (but you can always try to ask me via the CONTACT page).
Q : Why there is no VST 32-bit versions anymore?
A : In the past, I made a 32-bit version of my VST. But now my programming software CAN’T output 32-bit plugin anymore, so I’m not providing 32-bit.
Q : I have a problem using this plugin on my Mac, I’m using Monterey/Big Sur/Catalina or new Mac OSX. It says that the files are damaged or can’t be opened because the developer is not trusted.
A : That problem was caused by Mac OS security which now is very strict. I have applied for a developer account in Apple to be a trusted developer but they haven’t responded to my inquiry yet.
In the meantime, please use Chris Kenrick’s PlugDeQuar apps that basically de-quarantine Monster Bass plugin. Download it here: https://pelennor.gumroad.com/l/djesj?fbclid=IwAR30uTgwj62UwGf01-HrKakIkm-jXIHKvUyKTMa3_N7oDRd63aYjea0pBZo
Watch the How To video here (Please subscribe him too):
Q : This site is flag as containing virus / malware etc. Is this site and the download files are safe ?
A : Some anti-virus like Norton reported false alarm. Even Chrome does this too (sometimes). But you can check my site in Google’s own Transparency Check or Safe Site Check here : https://transparencyreport.google.com/safe-browsing/search?url=https:%2F%2Fagushardiman.tv%2F&hl=en
Monster Bass Version History
Version v2-2022.08 (released on August 20th, 2022):
- New feature: Preset Management to group the sound into categories (Electric Bass, Synth Bass, and Acoustic Bass).
- New presets totalling 41 presets : 14 Electric Bass presets, 23 Synth Bass prsets, and 5 Acoustic Bass presets.
Version v1 (released on Sept 20th, 2021):
- New and 1st released at MonsterDAW website.
Spread This Plugin To Your Friends
If you find this plugin useful, please spread this to your friends 🙏🏻
If you make music using this and share it on your social media, please include the hashtag #MonsterBass or #MonsterBassVST so I can find it 😃
If you want to get notified when this plugin is updated, sign up for AHTV Newsletter on the front page of AHTV.