Golden Piano is a Piano virtual instrument that sounds like the sound of ’80s and ’90s, the golden era of music, brought by musicians like David Foster, Chicago, etc.
Whether you need a Piano layered with Synth Pad or a Piano layered with Electric Piano, you’ll find that Golden Piano is becoming your Go-To piano plugin for your music.
The great thing about this VST is that this is never complete. This VST gets a new expansion sound continuously every now and then!
Golden Piano is my first plugin that was previously on the www.monsterdaw.com website (all of the VSTs there will be moved later to this AHTV blog).
Notes: MonsterDAW is a brand owned by me, Agus Hardiman, the host of this AHTV Blog
GOLDEN PIANO Sound Demo
I made a small playthrough of all 5 presets of Golden Piano:
If you feel like making a review/sound demo of this, please let me know via the CONTACT page of this AHTV Blog or just mention it on social media. I’ll consider putting your video here!
GOLDEN PIANO Features (v2-2022.08)
- 5 iconic 80s and 90s Piano presets (This will be updated regularly, please sign-up for my newsletter in this AHTV blog HOMEPAGE to be notified of updates).
- Global Volume, LFO Rate, and Depth, Filter, and Reverb.
- Parameter Automation to dynamically change sounds that fit your music (Read below on ‘How To Automate Golden Piano Parameters‘).
- Soundbank/Presets can be placed on an external hard disk, no need to place it in a startup drive (Read step #4 below on ‘Golden Piano Download Links and Installation Steps‘).
- Parameter/Knob value reset by double-clicking it.
- A new expansion sounds preset will be released/updated regularly every now and then. Please make sure you sign-up for my newsletter in this AHTV blog HOMEPAGE to be notified of updates.
- Major plugin format: Windows 64bit DAW, Mac VST, and Mac Audio Unit (AU). If you’re a Pro Tools user, please use BlueCat Patchwork to use this VST in your PT.
GOLDEN PIANO Download Links and Installation Steps
Golden Piano doesn’t have an installer so you have to place the files manually. Follow these steps carefully:
1. Download The Golden Piano MAIN Player
Click and download one of the FREE main player of Golden Piano according to your OS (Mac or Windows) and the plugin formats (VST or Audio Unit):
2. Unzip and Put It In Your DAW’s Plugin Folder
Unzip the download files and put the main file (.vst3 or .component or .dll) in your DAW’s plugin folder (Googling “daw plugin location mac windows”).
3. Download The GOLDEN PIANO’s Library
Download this Library file:
Unzip it and put it into any folder/external hard disk (But don’t change the folder structure in the original zip file).
4. Insert Golden Piano and Choose Library Location
Fire up your DAW and insert the Golden Piano plugin (usually under AgusHardiman.TV folder/brand).
Click “Choose folder” to change the soundbank/preset location and point it out to the folder location of Golden Piano Library:
5. Play and Record!
If step #4 succeded, you are now can choose a preset and go play and record:
How To Automate GOLDEN PIANO Parameters?
In Cubase, after inserting the Golden Piano plugin, you have to open the automation lane (I’m using Monster Synth as the example):
In Studio One, go to the Piano Roll and add the parameters to automate (I’m using Monster Synth as the example):
In other DAWs, find a way/googling on how to add automation lanes/tracks.
FAQ About Golden Piano
Q : I have installed GOLDEN PIANO version 1. Should I delete that version or keep it ?
A : If you have some important project sessions with version 1, you should keep it. It will not clash with the new version 2. On my computer, I have version 1 and version 2, side-by-side. This version 2 has more features.
Q : I want XXX and YYY features of Golden Piano, can you program it?
A : To be honest, I’m a professional musician and audio educator BUT I’m not a professional plugin programmer. I do this just for fun, so your request may not be available (but you can always try to ask me via the CONTACT page).
Q : Why there is no VST 32-bit versions anymore?
A : In the past, I made a 32-bit version of my VST. But now my programming software CAN’T output 32-bit plugin anymore, so I’m not providing 32-bit.
Q : I have a problem using this plugin on my Mac, I’m using Monterey/Big Sur/Catalina or new Mac OSX. It says that the files are damaged or can’t be opened because the developer is not trusted.
A : That problem was caused by Mac OS security which now is very strict. I have applied for a developer account in Apple to be a trusted developer but they haven’t responded to my inquiry yet.
In the meantime, please use Chris Kenrick’s PlugDeQuar apps that basically de-quarantine GOLDEN PIANO plugin. Download it here: https://pelennor.gumroad.com/l/djesj?fbclid=IwAR30uTgwj62UwGf01-HrKakIkm-jXIHKvUyKTMa3_N7oDRd63aYjea0pBZo
Watch the How To video here (Please subscribe him too):
Q : This site is flag as containing virus / malware etc. Is this site and the download files are safe ?
A : Some anti-virus like Norton reported false alarm. Even Chrome does this too (sometimes). But you can check my site in Google’s own Transparency Check or Safe Site Check here : https://transparencyreport.google.com/safe-browsing/search?url=https:%2F%2Fagushardiman.tv%2F&hl=en
GOLDEN PIANO Version History
Version v2-2022.07 (released on July 28th, 2022):
- New feature: Parameter Automation
- More compatible with the M1 Mac
Version v1 (released on February 7th, 2020):
- Cool sounding presets with 432kHz Piano Preset.
Spread This Plugin To Your Friends
If you find this plugin useful, please spread this to your friends 🙏🏻
If you make music using this and share it on your social media, please include the hashtag #GoldenPiano or #GoldenPianoVST so I can find it 😃
If you want to get notified when this plugin is updated, sign up for AHTV Newsletter on the front page of AHTV.