#MonsterGuitarVST is a Free Guitar virtual instrument that covers multi music genres, from Reggae to Pop to Rock and everything in between.
I’m Agus Hardiman and I made this Monster Guitar as a tool to make a MIDI mockup when I composed a song.
It is not meant to replace a real guitarist, but rather to help everybody so abstract ideas become more fixed.
Because of this, if you compare Monster Guitar VST with any other VST like AmpleSound or Shreddage or anything else, my VST doesn’t have detailed and realistic sound, let alone if you compare it to a real guitarist!
I do hope this VST has its own use in your music production!
In this 2nd version, Monster Guitar has 14 Presets, divided into 3 categories: CHORD Mode, LEAD Mode, and NOTES Mode (More on this below).
Thanks to Vian Electone, Mr. Gatut from Fanada Pro, Topan Abimanyu, Odod, Heman Garde, and all for donating their own guitar playing to this VST, you’re the best!
The great thing about this VST is that this is never complete. This VST gets a new expansion sound continuously every now and then!
Monster Guitar is under the MonsterDAW name that was previously on the www.monsterdaw.com website (all of the VSTs there have moved to this AHTV blog).
Notes: MonsterDAW is a brand owned by me, Agus Hardiman, the host of this AHTV Blog
Monster Guitar’s 3 MODES = CHORD, LEAD & NOTES
Here’s the explanation of CHORD Mode using one of the Monster Guitar Preset:
LEAD Mode is a bunch of presets to play lead guitar/melody. Watch this demo of the LEAD preset:
NOTES Mode is where users plays a bunch of notes like playing a keyboard.
Monster Guitar Sound Demo
Higher HZ youtube channel has made a thorough walkthrough (1 hour long) and spits his honest review on Monster Guitar:
Matthijs Hebly from Shameless Plugs youtube channel using CHORD Preset Popcorn Time:
Here is another video that showcases the presets of Monster Guitar, it’s from YT Acapella Kita :
My friend C.j Reed from YT channel SumnSumnSumnHTK is kind enough to do a Video Review and Preset Walkthrough (Thanks C.j). Watch it here :
If you feel like making a review/sound demo of this, please let me know via the CONTACT page of this AHTV Blog or just mention it on social media. I’ll consider putting your video here!
Monster Guitar Features (v2.2022.09)
- Dozens of cool-sounding presets. The current version is v2-2022.09 with 14 Presets (This will be updated regularly, please sign-up for my newsletter in this AHTV blog HOMEPAGE to be notified of updates).
- Some presets have normal, short, and long strumming sounds.
- Very little RAM usage.
- Info and HELP of every preset is at the center LCD of the GUI (See the picture below).
- Global Volume/ Gain, ADSR (Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release), Filter, and Reverb.
- 3 Preset MODES : CHORD Mode, LEAD Mode, and NOTES Mode (Read above).
- Parameter Automation to dynamically change sounds that fit your music (Read below on ‘How To Automate Monster Guitar Parameters‘).
- Soundbank/Presets can be placed on an external hard disk, no need to place it in a startup drive (Read step #4 below on ‘Monster Guitar Download Links and Installation Steps‘).
- Parameter/Knob value reset by double-clicking it.
- A new expansion sounds preset will be released/updated regularly every now and then. Make sure you sign-up for my newsletter in this AHTV blog HOMEPAGE to be notified of updates.
- Major plugin format: Windows 64bit DAW, Mac VST, and Mac Audio Unit (AU). If you’re a Pro Tools user, please use BlueCat Patchwork to use this VST in your PT.
Monster Guitar Download Links and Installation Steps
Monster Guitar doesn’t have an installer so you have to place the files manually. Follow these steps carefully:
1. Download The Monster Guitar MAIN Player
Click and download one of the FREE main players of Monster Guitar according to your OS (Mac or Windows) and the plugin formats (VST or Audio Unit):
These are the alternative download links if the above failed (Google Drive):
2. Unzip and Put It In Your DAW’s Plugin Folder
Unzip the download files and put the main file (.vst3 or .component or .dll) in your DAW’s plugin folder (Googling “daw plugin location mac windows”).
3. Download The Monster Guitar Library
Download this Library file:
This is the alternative download links if the above failed (Google Drive):
Unzip it and put it into any folder/external hard disk (But don’t change the folder structure in the original zip file).
4. Insert Monster Guitar and Choose Library Location
Fire up your DAW and insert the MONSTER Guitar plugin (usually under AgusHardiman.TV folder/brand).
Click “Choose folder” to change the soundbank/preset location and point it out to the folder location of Monster Guitar Library:
5. Play and Record!
If step #4 succeeded, you are now can choose a preset and go play and record:
How To Automate Monster Guitar Parameters?
In Cubase, after inserting the Monster Guitar plugin, you have to open the automation lane (I’m using Monster Synth as the example):
In Studio One, go to the Piano Roll and add the parameters to automate (I’m using Monster Synth as the example):
In other DAWs, find a way/to googling on how to add automation lanes/tracks.
FAQ About Monster Guitar
Q : I have installed Monster Guitar version 1. Should I delete that version or keep it ?
A : If you have some important project sessions with version 1, you should keep it. It will not clash with the new version 2. On my computer, I have version 1 and version 2, side-by-side. This version 2 has more presets.
Q : I want XXX and YYY features of Monster Guitar, can you program it?
A : To be honest, I’m a professional musician and audio educator BUT I’m not a professional plugin programmer. I do this just for fun, so your request may not be available (but you can always try to ask me via the CONTACT page).
Q : Why there is no VST 32-bit versions anymore?
A : In the past, I made a 32-bit version of my VST. But now my programming software CAN’T output 32-bit plugin anymore, so I’m not providing 32-bit.
Q : I have a problem using this plugin on my Mac, I’m using Monterey/Big Sur/Catalina or the new Mac OSX. It says that the files are damaged or can’t be opened because the developer is not trusted.
A : That problem was caused by Mac OS security which now is very strict. I have applied for a developer account in Apple to be a trusted developer but they haven’t responded to my inquiry yet.
In the meantime, please use Chris Kenrick’s PlugDeQuar apps that basically de-quarantine the Monster Guitar plugin. Download it here: https://pelennor.gumroad.com/l/djesj?fbclid=IwAR30uTgwj62UwGf01-HrKakIkm-jXIHKvUyKTMa3_N7oDRd63aYjea0pBZo
Watch the How To video here (Please subscribe him too):
Q : This site is flagged as containing virus/malware etc. Are this site and the download files safe ?
A : Some anti-virus like Norton reported a false alarms. Even Chrome does this too (sometimes). But you can check my site in Google’s own Transparency Check or Safe Site Check here: https://transparencyreport.google.com/safe-browsing/search?url=https:%2F%2Fagushardiman.tv%2F&hl=en
Monster Guitar Version History
Version v2.2022.09 (released on Sept 13th, 2022):
- New feature: Preset Management to group the sound into 3 MODES (CHORD, LEAD, and NOTES).
- New presets totaling 14 presets: 5 CHORD presets, 2 LEAD presets, and 7 NOTES presets.
Version v1 (released on Dec 13th, 2021):
- New and 1st released at MonsterDAW website.
Spread This Plugin To Your Friends
If you find this plugin useful, please spread this to your friends ??
If you make music using this and share it on your social media, please include the hashtag #MonsterGuitar or #MonsterGuitarVST so I can find it ?
If you want to get notified when this plugin is updated, sign up for AHTV Newsletter on the front page of AHTV.
[…] Download: Monster Guitar […]
can’t believe this is free, thx for the generosity!