Are you ready to dive into a world of musical innovation?
MONSTER TOYS version 1.2023.10 is here to amplify your music-making journey like never before. Get ready to explore the realm of toy instruments in your music production, all in one fantastic plugin!
Demo Video of Monster Toys
Here’s the demo of all 20 presets of Monster Toys :
Matthijs Hebly from Shameless Plugs YouTube channel made an awesome demo of Monster Toys :
Josh Spurling in his YouTube channel, CuriouslyStrangeMusic, made an awesome but strange song demo using Monster Toys, it’s a creepy carnival rock music LOL :
YouTube channel OneLoveProduction made a preset walkthrough of Monster Toys. Check this video if you want to know what’s inside this plugin :
MONSTER Toys Features
- 20 (Twenty) musical toy instruments : Rubber Duck, Crocodile Glockenspiel, Latto-Latto, Music Box, Recorder, Toy Guns, Kids Pan Flute, Pianica, Otamatone, Kazoo, Toy Whistle, Marching Band Drums, Kids Accordion, Toy Keyboard, Kalimba Thumb Piano, Baby Trumpet, Toy Piano, Casio VL-1 Pocket Synth, Toy Reed, and Kids Harmonica.
- Master Volume and Pan.
- Master Tuning and High Pass filter.
- Attack and Release of each presets.
- Global Reverb and Delay.
- Most of the plugin’s parameter is ready to automate.
- Small file size and light on CPU / RAM.
- Future preset updates.
Notes: MonsterDAW is a brand owned by me, Agus Hardiman, the host of this AHTV Blog
Monster Toys Download Links and Installation Steps
Monster Toys is a free plugin available in Windows VST2/VST3 64-bit and Mac VST2/VST3/Audio Unit 64-bit formats.
There’s no installer so you have to put the file manually. Read and follow these steps:
- Download the plugin according to your computer’s OS (Mac or Windows) and the format VST2 or VST3 or Audio Unit here:
- If you use Windows and Cubase, Studio One, Ableton Live, Reaper, FL Studio, Reason, etc., put the .dll file to the VST2 folder OR the .vst3 file to the VST3 folder of your DAW (If you don’t know the location, google “VST folder location windows”).
- If you use Mac and Cubase, Studio One, Ableton Live, Reaper, FL Studio, Reason, etc., put the .vst file to the VST2 folder OR the .vst3 file to the VST3 folder of your DAW (If you don’t know the location, googling “VST folder location mac”).
If you use GarageBand or Logic Pro, put the .component file in the Audio Unit folder of your DAW (If you don’t know the location, google “audio unit folder location mac”).
- UnZip the ‘MONSTER Toys v1 Library.zip’ to your harddisk in any location. You can put this Library file on an external hard drive. Don’t change the folder structure of “MONSTER Toys v1 Library”.
- Fire up your DAW and load the MONSTER Toys plugin and it will ask for the location of the sound library:
Choose the “MONSTER Toys v1 Library” which you have copied on step 4.
- ENJOY the plugin!
NOTES: For Mac users, the MONSTER Toys v1 plugin is not signed yet so if you encounter a problem that the plugin is detected as harmful (actually it’s not), you can try to google “how to install unsigned software on Mac OS X”. Or you can follow the direction in here: wikihow.com/Install-Software-from-Unsigned-Developers-on-a-Mac or you can watch this video :
How To Automate Monster Toys Parameters?
In Cubase, after inserting the Monster Toys plugin, you have to open the automation lane (I’m using Monster Synth as the example):
In Studio One, go to the Piano Roll and add the parameters to automate (I’m using Monster Synth as the example):
In other DAWs, find a way/to Google on how to add automation lanes/tracks.
FAQ About Monster Toys
Q : I want XXX and YYY features of Monster Toys, can you program it?
A : To be honest, I’m a professional musician and audio educator BUT I’m not a professional plugin programmer. I do this just for fun, so your request may not be available (but you can always try to ask me via the CONTACT page).
Q : Why there are no VST 32-bit versions anymore?
A : In the past, I made a 32-bit version of my VST. But now my programming software CAN’T output 32-bit plugin anymore, so I’m not providing 32-bit.
Q : I have a problem using this plugin on my Mac, I’m using Monterey/Big Sur/Catalina. It says that the files are damaged or can’t be opened because the developer is not trusted.
A : That problem was caused by Mac OS security which is now very strict. I have applied for a developer account in Apple to be a trusted developer but they haven’t responded to my inquiry yet.
In the meantime, please watch these videos (If this is not working, it’s ok, you can pass my VSTs ?):
- How To Fix “App is Damaged Can’t Be Opened” Error Message | Mac OS Catalina : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fqzb4qpgcs
- MonsterDAW Audio Unit Plugin installation (MacOS Monterey + Logic Pro X 10.7.1) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgXBB_hP0z4
- How To Fix Damaged Monster Plugins : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRHqIPWgpUY
Or read these articles:
- Resolving the Mac-only error: “The file is damaged and should be moved to the trash.”
- How to Install Software from Unsigned Developers on a Mac
- And googling about it (some famous plugin developer experience this too).
Monster Toys Version History
Version v1-2023.10 (released on Oct 1st, 2023):
- 1st release of MONSTER Toys.
- 20 presets with various toy musical instrument.
Spread This Plugin To Your Friends
If you find this plugin useful, please spread this to your friends!
You can support me by joining membership of my Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/user/membership?u=91573631
If you make music using this and share it on your social media, please include the hashtag #MonsterToys or #MonsterToysVST so I can find it.
If you want to get notified when this plugin is updated, sign up for AHTV Newsletter on the front page of AHTV.